emails blocked monthly
Roughly 25 million emails received from external senders were blocked monthly in 2022 to ensure the safety of the Postal network and email users.
With one of the largest corporate email systems, the Postal Service handled more than 5 million legitimate emails a day in 2022, delivered to more than 185,000 email accounts. But some emails are blocked due to:
- Spam: More than 5 million spam email messages were blocked monthly.
- Content: More than 16 millionemails were blocked monthly due to malicious content including phishing, brand spoofing and suspicious URLs being detected.
- Malware: More than 5,000 email messages were blocked monthly due to malware.
- Phishing: More than 675,000 phishing email messages were blocked monthly.
- On average, 25 percent of the 101 million email messages received from external senders were blocked monthly for the safety of the Postal Service network and email users.