emails blocked monthly
More than 38 million emails received from external senders were blocked monthly in 2021 to ensure the safety of the Postal network.
- With one of the largest corporate email systems, the Postal Service handled more than 3 million legitimate emails a day in 2021, delivered to more than 212,000 email accounts. But some emails are blocked due to:
- Spam: More than 6 million spam email messages were blocked monthly.
- Content: More than 27 million emails were blocked monthly due to malicious content including phishing, brand spoofing, and suspicious URLs being detected.
- Malware: More than 9,000 email messages were blocked monthly due to malware.
- Blocking bad actors: More than 5 million email messages were blocked monthly due to sender reputation.
- Advanced Threat Detection: More than 16,000 email messages were blocked by domain impersonation, URL and file detonation detecting malicious content, or click-time URL protection.